Featured Posts

Wednesday 30 September 2009

Kaleidoscope

Lost in life? Lost faith in your religion? Depressed? Don't know what to do in life anymore? Lost faith in your God? Facing an existential crisis?

Fear not! Google has the answer to life the universe and everything.

That's right! They have the answer you've been looking for! You don't have to start your own religion, nor jump off a bridge anymore!

If you think I doctored that link, feel free to search it yourself.

On a similar note, do you think I need to write a suicide note if I were to invite all my Facebook friends to an atheist convention?

On another similar note, I am interested in reading the bible. King James Bible to be specific. No, I am not considering converting. It is highly unlikely a radical atheist like me can be persuaded to convert, even by the scariest and most realistic dream, not to mention a book. I simply have an interest in philosophy and history, and the bible seems to fit somewhere in between. There seems to be quite a few interesting stories in there too. Noah and the ark, The Four Horsemen, David and Goliath, to name a few. While I'm there, I could perhaps pick up some "morals" the Christians so readily claim we atheist lack as well.

However (there is always a however), the book is huge and it is not exactly written in the simplest English either. I guess it just has to go on my "list." There, another book.


TY

2 comments: on "Kaleidoscope"

seeki said...

My psychoanalysis for you is that you like to comment on everything and you always think that you know more than others. Correct =p ? Neways, I'm starting to read Sybil tomorrow! I kinda like it when I scan through this afternoon. Peace!

TY said...

Eh, wrong post la. Psychoanalysis is the previous post. Hah, lemur(I just read about them, apparently they are our ancestors).

And you mean "of you?"

And no, your psychoanalysis is wrong. I don't attempt to pretend to know more than my pharmacology lecturer on the topic of pharmacology, nor history to my history lecturer. When I talk to people, I would assess whether I do know more than that person or not first, then only will I come to such a conclusion. And when I've done that, I KNOW that I know (or don't know) more than that person, not just THINK.

I might read Stiff soon.